Saturday, March 14, 2009

Three little (dolls) pitch by my doorstep


So it's a lovely Saturday today. I'm spending most of the day in Dundee, Michigan at work with Logan. I have a job interview on Tuesday, so I need to get a portfolio of super excellent photos together that I've taken. This is resulting in me going through two external hard drives and looking through about three years of photos to see what I can find. I came across a folder from this past summer. I bought an antique camera over the summer from a store actually directly across the road from where I'm sitting right now. It was an Argus camera that took 620 film. I modified it to be able to take 120 film so that I could actually use it, and it became kind of a side project of mine this past summer.

One day, Logan and I went on this really long (REALLY LONG) walk around our side of Toledo, and I took the camera and a fresh roll of film. We found this road where they were demolishing all of the houses on this road. This one house kind of blew my mind. It was so... ironic I guess. Beside of the big machine they were going to use to tear down the house was a kid's Power Wheels car. A smiley face had been carved out of the boards that the windows were covered with. The strangest part of this house, however, was the porch post that had three baby dolls arranged on it. It was quite the odd sight, because someone had obviously arranged these dolls and toys around the property. A few days later, I drove past the area and the house had been torn down.

Long entry, but there will probably be more to come today!

No comments:

Post a Comment